Sunday, August 25, 2013

Summer Faux Wrap Top Free Pattern & Tutorial is Here!


So technically, it's still Sunday here where I am so this free pattern that I promised isn't late! I managed to eek this post in late tonight because my baby went to bed early- yippee! I hope he keeps this up as things start to get crazier in the next few weeks. Fingers AND toes crossed! ;-)

Oh yeah, did I mention that I am so amazed by all those fantastic sewing/crafty bloggers who post tutorials and patterns for their readers on a regular basis? Well, I am because it takes butt-loads of time to do all that work! Since I started this strictly sewing blog and decided to offer my projects up for public consumption, I've come to realize that I will NOT be doing this more than once a week!

Being a mom comes first. Starting tomorrow, being a student again is second. Which means, I may even be down to offering one design every two weeks instead of once a week. We'll have to wait and see how it goes! So if my posts start becoming more irregular, you'll know why!

Anyway, on to the good stuff! Download the pattern for the top (in a slim 3/4T) and let's get sewing!


All seams are 3/8" unless I state otherwise in the tutorial below. There are two different ways to do the neckline and you will see them both below. I prefer the facing myself because the neckline is smoother that way. 

For this project, you will need bias tape, two contrasting fabrics, fusible interfacing for the facing, 1/4" elastic for the button loop and a button.

If you have a question, email me using the address over in the right column. Happy sewing! And remember to share your finished top with me! I'd love to see it! =)
















Once your sleeves are on, don't forget to remove the stay stitches at the shoulders!



Once you're done finishing the hem, shake it out and try it on! My daughter decided she wanted a heart button on the front of this one. I don't know why but she fancies herself a designer as well. We placed it on the shoulder to make it appear as though it's holding up the faux crossover piece. I kinda like it. =)


I didn't get a picture of the lime green top on my model~ she felt that one shirt was enough for this post even though I gave her TWO mint Oreo cookies as a bribe. She took the two cookies but did not model the second shirt. That's supermodels for ya! ;-)

Linked to Tasteful Tuesdays at Nap-Time Creations.


14 comments:

  1. How adorable!!! I have got to make one for my daughter, ASAP. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!!! I've got to try this! Thanks, Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me wish I had a little girl to sew for! So so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elise! I wish you had a girl too, lol! So. Much. FUN! =)

      Delete
  4. thanks for the pattern. its lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopped by to let you know that I featured this top on my round tuit post this week!
    Round Tuit 169
    Thanks again for linking up! Hope you have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute! I'm excited to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my next project...so excited!! Thank you for the awesome tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just TOOO CUTE!!! No little Grandgirls in my life (hope springs eternal?), but I'm going to one day try to size this down for an 18" doll -- wish me luck!!! If/when I do I'll be sure to give you the well-deserved credit for same!

    ReplyDelete