Sunday, September 8, 2013

The Rarity Tunic Dress with a Free Pattern in Multiple Sizes Coming Soon!



I've got a fun new dress pattern that I'll be releasing later this week; it's called the Rarity tunic/party dress. I named it that because I created the pattern for a dress I was making for K's birthday party in a couple of weeks. It's based on her favorite My Little Pony character named Rarity- a fashion designing pony who is quite the fanciest pony I've ever seen! The party dress version is a little different- more costume-y than everyday wearable like this tunic dress version.



I love this knit version with the vintage peach lace trim though. I think I love it more than the party dress (don't tell K.) I just loooove stripes! And the black and oatmeal knit from Girl Charlee just makes it feel so grown up on my growing girl. 


The layered flutter sleeves are so sweet and girly. The peach trim at the neck matches the peach lace at the hem. These details all help add sweetness so that K isn't feeling overwhelmed by the black stripes. She's not a fan of black even though it looks darn good on her! 


Here's my doll looking so grown up!


This tunic dress can be layered over long sleeves and leggings for fall, which is right around the corner now. In fact, she's now wearing it over black leggings because it cooled down and sprinkled a couple hours after I took these photos! I am so not ready for cooler weather- but at least K is getting some fun layering pieces in preparation for it. 

I'll be releasing the pattern later this week after I get some pics taken for the tutorial. I'm going to make this one available in size 2T-5T with two different sleeve options, two neckline options and two skirt options. Boy, that's a lot of options! 

Stay tuned for the pattern and tutorial! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Please follow me or leave a comment if you liked this post! I love visitors and hearing what they think about my work!

xoxo ~ Julia


19 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the pattern and tutorial! It's ridiculously cute. I have some knit fabric that would be perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! I'm just testing the other size I'm making available so be patient with me! =) Thanks for stopping by!
      -Julia

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Amy- hope I don't disappoint! I'm still testing the other size out but hope to have it done for a Friday release!
      -Julia

      Delete
  3. Just beautiful Julia! And you've quite the professional model there! She has some fabulous poses!! :)

    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Jill! I will let her know. She's very proud of the poses she comes up with on her own!
      Hope you're having a fab week too!
      -Julia

      Delete
  4. So cute!! I'd love for you to link up to The DIY'ers! http://homecomingmn.blogspot.com/2013/09/the-diyers-28.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kayla! Just linked up and thanks for hosting!
      -Julia

      Delete
  5. Adorable! I love the fabric! And those ruffled sleeves! Too die for! Thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to link your outfit to our Fall Clothing Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the invite, Chelsea! I just linked up. =)
      ~Julia

      Delete
  6. This is so cute! I love the pattern! Found your blog on the block party. If you like to link up come over to Craft Frenzy Friday at www.craftdictator.com! I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cara! I will definitely do that!

      Delete
  7. Once again, love what you have done! I really love the lace trim and the fluttery sleeves. I've been loving sewing with knits lately! I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Thanks for linking up to the Block Party!
    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is beautiful on your big girl! I can't wait for the pattern & tutorial. I'd love to make one for my own big girl.

    If you're interested, I'd love if you shared this at my Show & Tell party going on right now. http://www.gingerlymade.com/2013/09/show-tell-43.html

    ReplyDelete